Location Scout, Manager for Motion Pictures & Photography 1992 – Present Self-Employed Omaha, Nebraska USA (based)
Provide location & production support to filmmaking, commercial photography, and creatives.
Location Scout / Manager – collaborate with Director and Art Department. Scout and photograph potential shooting locations. Present photos with location data via online galleries. Secure permits, insurance, fees and contracts. Prep locations, provide overall production support during shoot, wrap and make everybody happy.
Producer – involved with all production decisions as a hands-on partner to the Director and crew. Coordination of budget, logistics, schedule, script, client services, creative, vendor and talent contracts.
MOVIES (Locations or Production) See FX credits below.
- Downsizing – Location Manager; Omaha
- American Honey – Location Scout, Omaha.
- Nebraska – Key Assistant Location Manager
- Up in the Air – Assistant Location Manager; Omaha
- About Schmidt – Locations Assistant (day played)
- Omaha the Movie – Production Coordinator
COMMERCIALS (partial list, positions vary) Have worked on 500+
- Lyrica – (background plates) for visual FX – Location Manager: Nebraska
- Volvo – 360 Live shot during the 2017 Eclipse – Location Scout, Nebraska
- Nebraska Medicine – May 2017 campaign – Location Manager: Omaha
- Union Pacific, Our Salute – Location Scout / Co-Manager
- Jennie-O Turkey, Make-The-Switch – Location Manager, Iowa
- Prilosec OTC, “Lab” featuring Larry the Cable Guy
- Prudential, “First Day” sunrise – Production Manager: Omaha
- TD Ameritrade, “Reps / Call center” – Location Manager
- E-Z-GO, 2Five – Producer
- Visa, “Currency of Progress” shot in Lincoln, NE – Location Manager
- Blue Cross Blue Shield, shot in Des Moines IA – First Assistant Director
- True Temper golf shafts, national spot shot in Phoenix, AZ – Producer
- CNBC, “I am CNBC” spot – Location Scout
- U.S. Army Reserve – recruitment spot w/ local Reservist
- Minn Kota trolling motors shot in Minnesota and Florida – Producer
- Sue Bee Honey, featuring Kyle Petty shot in North Carolina – Producer
- Lottery, Powerball – numerous spots – as Producer, Location Manager
- Lady Gaga – “You and I”
- Nickleback – “If Today was Your Last Day” (stage performance only)
- Reba McEntire – Live concert
- Mannheim Steamroller – Christmas concert
PHOTO SHOOTS (partial)
- MU Health – Yes campaign – shot in Kansas City.
- Crete Carrier, Shaffer Trucking, Hunt Transportation – Trucking.
- Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) – shot in Richmond, VA
- Cushman – industrial utility vehicles – shot in Georgia & SC.
- E-Z-GO – street legal golf cart – in Georgia
- Leupold Observation – catalog, website content – in Oregon
- Bank of the West – “Employees”
- Werner Enterprises – 18 wheelers in trucking environments
- Vogue – Susie Buffett philanthropist
- Woolrich – fall clothing catalog – shot in Arkansas
Special Effects Technician for Movies 1989 -1992 Self-Employed
Collaborated on the physical special effects for motion pictures. Rain, snow, fire, smoke, prop-making, practicals. Physical effects before digital.
MOVIES (working in FX)
- Wilder Napalm – Special Effects Technician, Florida
- Strays – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- For The Boys – Special Effects, Los Angeles
- Bad Love – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- Avalon – Special Effects Assistant – Baltimore, MD
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS worth noting:
• Key Assistant Location Manager for the feature film Nebraska.
• Producer: Insurance co’s “100 Yr.-old Policy Holders” national campaign.
• 1st Assistant Director: Stories of Us – Bullying in Grade Schools doc.
• Associate Producer, Boys Town reenactment videos for fund-raising.
• Location Manager, Lewis and Clark reenactment film for Illinois museum.
• Production Support, American Idol – Omaha Season 7 auditions.
• Production Coordinator, Mannheim Steamroller live concert.
• Production Coordinator, shoot for Ice Capades on NBC.
• Special Effects Coordinator for killer B cat movie “Strays.”