As of March 2020
Location Scout ~ Location Manager ~ Producer
Location Scout, Location Manager for Motion Pictures & Commercial Photography
1992 – Present Self-Employed Omaha, Nebraska USA (based)
- Provide location support to commercial filmmaking, photography, and creatives.
- Collaborate with directors, photographers, and designers.
- Scout and photograph potential shooting locations.
- Present photos with location data via online folders and galleries.
- Secure permits, insurance certificates, negotiate fees and contracts.
- Prep locations, provide production support during shoot.
Producer of commercials, photo shoots, video projects.
- Involved with all production decisions as a hands-on partner to the Director and crew. Wrangle budget, logistics, schedule, script, clients, creative, vendors, talent.
COMMERCIALS (partial list, positions vary) Have worked on 700+ spots over the years.
- Bank of America – Commencement. Nebraska. Remote during COVID. Location Manager.
- Lincoln – Chart Your Course contest campaign – Omaha, Edem – Location Manager
- Verizon – 5G Built Right, Omaha – Location Scout, Manager.
- Nebraska Tourism – “Honestly, It’s Not for Everyone” – Location Scout
- Volvo / CNN – shooting live 360 VR — during the eclipse.
- Lyrica – (background plates only) for visual FX – Location Manager: Nebraska
- Home Instead – Senior care services – Location Manager; Omaha.
- Nebraska Medicine – Location Manager; Omaha.
- Union Pacific, Our Salute– Location Scout / Co-Manager
- Jennie-O Turkey, Make-The-Switch– Location Manager, Iowa.
- Prilosec OTC, “Lab” featuring Larry the Cable Guy – Lincoln.
- TD Ameritrade, “Reps / Call center” – Location Manager.
- E-Z-GO,2Five– national commercial – Producer.
- Visa, “Currency of Progress” Lincoln, NE – Location Manager
- CNBC, “I am CNBC” spot – Location Scout
- S. Army Reserve – recruitment spot w/ local Reservist
- Minn Kota trolling motors – multiple spots; Minnesotaand Florida – Producer
- Sue Bee Honey, featuring Kyle Pettyshot in North Carolina – Producer
- Lottery, Powerball – numerous spots – as Producer, Location Manager
- Blue Cross Blue Shield, shot in Des Moines IA – First Assistant Director
- True Temper golf shafts, national spot shot in Phoenix, AZ – Producer
MOVIES(working in Locations or Production)Special Effects credits below.
- Downsizing – Location Manager; Omaha
- American Honey – Location Scout, Omaha.
- Nebraska– Key Assistant Location Manager
- Up in the Air– Assistant Location Manager; Omaha
- About Schmidt – Locations Assistant (day-player)
- Omaha the Movie – Production Coordinator
- Lady Gaga –“You and I”
- Nickelback – “If Today was Your Last Day”(stage performance only)
- Reba McEntire – Live concert
- Mannheim Steamroller – Christmas concert
PHOTO SHOOTS (partial)
- LinkedIn – “Jobs” photo library shoot – in Omaha area.
- Cartier – at Omaha Zoo.
- Hayneedle – multiple projects scouting and producing – in Omaha.
- MU Health – Yes campaign– in Kansas City.
- Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) – in Richmond, VA
- Cushman – industrial utility vehicles – in Georgia & South Carolina.
- E-Z-GO – street legal golf cart – in Georgia
- Leupold Observation – catalog, website content – in Oregon
- Bank of the West – New Employees – in Omaha
- Werner Enterprises – 18 wheelers traveling in trucking environments.
- Crete Carrier, Shaffer Trucking, Hunt Transportation – more trucking.
- Vogue – Local philanthropist; Omaha.
- Woolrich – Fall clothing catalog – in Arkansas
Special Effects Crew
1989 -1992 Self-Employed
- Collaborated on the physical special effects for motion pictures. Rain, snow, fire, smoke, prop making… practical FX (before digital).
MOVIES (working in Special Effects)
- Wilder Napalm – Special Effects Technician, Florida
- Strays – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- For The Boys – Special Effects, Los Angeles
- Bad Love – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- Avalon – Special Effects Assistant – Baltimore, MD
- Key Assistant Location Manager for the feature film Nebraska.
- Producer: Insurance co.’s “100 Yr.-old Policy Holders” national campaign.
- 1st Assistant Director: Stories of Us – Bullying in Grade Schools
- Associate Producer, Boys Town reenactment videos for fund-raising.
- Location Manager, Lewis and Clark reenactment film for Illinois museum.
- Production Coordinator, shoot for Ice Capades on NBC.
- Special Effects Coordinator for killer B cat movie “Strays.”