Location Scout, Manager for Motion Pictures & Photography 1992 – Present Self-Employed Omaha, Nebraska USA (based)
Provide location & production support to filmmaking, photography, and creatives.
Location Scout / Manager – scout and photograph potential shooting locations. Present photos with location data via online galleries. Secure permits, insurance, fees and contracts. Prep locations, provide overall production support.
Producer – involved with all production decisions as a hands-on partner to the Director and crew. Coordination of budget, logistics, schedule, script, client services, creative, vendor and talent contracts.
Experienced with most products and services including industrial, corporate, food, banking, real estate, healthcare, outdoors, retail, entertainment, trucking, education, insurance, agriculture, golf, tourism, non-profits, internet.
COMMERCIALS (partial list, positions vary) Have worked on 500+
- Union Pacific, Our Salute – Location Scout / Co-Manager
- Jennie-O Turkey, Make-The-Switch – Location Manager
- Prilosec OTC, “Lab” featuring Larry the Cable Guy
- Prudential, “First Day” sunrise – Production Manager: Omaha
- TD Ameritrade, “Reps / Call center” – Location Manager
- E-Z-GO, 2Five – Producer
- Visa, “Currency of Progress” shot in Lincoln, NE – Location Manager
- Blue Cross Blue Shield, shot in Des Moines IA – First Assistant Director
- True Temper golf shafts, national spot shot in Phoenix, AZ – Producer
- CNBC, “I am CNBC” spot – Location Scout
- U.S. Army Reserve – recruitment spot w/ local Reservist – Location Manager
- Minn Kota trolling motors shot in Minnesota and Florida – Producer
- Sue Bee Honey, featuring Kyle Petty shot in North Carolina – Producer
- Lottery, Powerball, and Mega Millions – numerous spots – as Producer, Location Scout, Manager
MOVIES (working in Locations or Production)
- Lady Gaga – “You and I”
- Nickleback – “If Today was Your Last Day” (stage performance only)
- Reba McEntire – Live concert
- Mannheim Steamroller – Christmas concert
PHOTO SHOOTS (partial)
- Crete Carrier, Shaffer Trucking, Hunt Transportation – Trucking.
- Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) – shot in Richmond, VA
- Cushman – industrial, commercial utility vehicles – shot in Georgia, Sout Carolina.
- E-Z-GO – street legal golf cart – in Georgia
- Leupold Observation – catalog, website content – in Oregon
- Bank of the West – “Employees”
- Werner Enterprises – 18 wheelers in trucking environments
- Vogue – Susie Buffett philanthropist
- Woolrich – fall clothing catalog – shot in Arkansas
Special Effects Technician for Movies 1989 -1992 Self-Employed
Collaborated on the physical special effects for motion pictures. Rain, snow, fire, smoke, prop-making, practicals. Physical effects before digital.
MOVIES (working in FX)
- Wilder Napalm – Special Effects Technician, Florida
- Strays – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- For The Boys – Special Effects, Los Angeles
- Bad Love – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- Avalon – Special Effects Assistant – Baltimore, MD
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS worth noting:
• Key Assistant Location Manager for the feature film Nebraska.
• Producer: Insurance co’s “100 Yr.-old Policy Holders” national campaign.
• 1st Assistant Director: Stories of Us – Bullying in Grade Schools doc.
• Associate Producer, Boys Town reenactment videos for fund-raising.
• Location Manager, Lewis and Clark reenactment film for Illinois museum.
• Production Support, American Idol – Omaha Season 7 auditions.
• Production Coordinator, Mannheim Steamroller live concert.
• Production Coordinator, 10 camera video shoot for the Ice Capades on NBC.
• Special Effects Coordinator for the USA Network killer B cat movie “Strays.”