Thank you for stopping by, being referred, or however you stumbled upon me. My name is Jamie. Yours?
My main work-life gig is collaborating with Filmmakers, Photographers, and Creatives on movies, commercial advertising campaigns, and a bunch of other visual projects. I am a Location Scout, Manager, Producer, and even some times called a Fixer. I help to get visions realized. I am a minutiae wrangler and chaos killer. I am your partner – through creative, production, and beyond.
Large-scale productions are in my wheelhouse.
From locations to logistics to budget, I am an experienced production asset. Via a professional process, I digest the creative, absorb the practical logistics required, and prefer to preliminarily scout locations, do casting, chart travel times, note the amenities, make maps, hire the crew, get the paper cuts, create a logical schedule, and lead the shoot to a smooth success.
Thanks again for the visit.
Be kind. Have fun. Stay safe.
Collaborator to Filmmakers, Photographers, and Creatives within commercial advertising campaigns, movies, and visual projects.
Location Scout, Manager | Producer | Fixer | Writer | Author
Your partner – through creative, production, and beyond.
PONDER my Profile on LinkedIn and / or VET my Resume / CV
LEARN about production on Location in Nebraska etc. at NebraskaLocation.com
SEE Work-related Location Photos on Instagram as NebraskaLocation
Browse, PURCHASE, Have Fun at Jamie Vesay Images
DISCOVER my book Fauna’s Thread, available on Amazon as Paperback and Kindle.
Representation, film option inquiries via Fauna’s Thread dot com.
Thanks for the visit.
As of 2021
Location Scout ~ Location Manager ~ Producer
Location Scout, Location Manager for Motion Pictures & Commercial Photography
1992 – Present Self-Employed Omaha, Nebraska USA (based)
- Provide location support to commercial filmmaking, photography, and creatives.
- Collaborate with directors, photographers, and designers.
- Scout and photograph potential shooting locations.
- Present photos with location data via online folders and galleries.
- Secure permits, insurance certificates, negotiate fees and contracts.
- Prep locations, provide production support during shoot.
Producer of commercials, photo shoots, video projects.
- Involved with all production decisions as a hands-on partner to the Director and crew. Wrangle budget, logistics, schedule, script, clients, creative, vendors, talent.
COMMERCIALS (partial list, positions vary) Have worked on 800+ spots over the years.
- Nebraska Tourism for 2022 – Location Scout, Manager across Nebraska.
- Farmers Mutual of Nebraska – The Followers – Supervising Producer
- Bank of America – Commencement. Nebraska. Remote during COVID. Location Manager.
- Lincoln – Chart Your Course contest campaign – Omaha, Edem – Location Manager
- Calvin Klein, Eternity “Jordan Burroughs” – Location Manager
- Verizon – 5G Built Right, Omaha – Location Scout, Manager.
- Kewpie – mayonnaise – Location Scout; Iowa Loess Hills
- Nebraska Tourism – “Tanking” – Location Scout
- Volvo / CNN – shooting live 360 VR — during the eclipse.
- Lyrica – (background plates only) for visual FX – Location Manager: Nebraska
- Home Instead – Senior care services – Location Manager; Omaha.
- Nebraska Medicine “2 Years Cancer Free” – Location Manager; Omaha.
- Union Pacific, Carrying our Nation’s Pride – Location Scout / Co-Manager
- Union Pacific, Our Salute– Location Scout / Co-Manager
- Jennie-O Turkey, Make-The-Switch– Location Manager, Iowa.
- E-Z-GO, 2Five – Street Legal golf cart – Producer.
- Prilosec OTC, “Lab” featuring Larry the Cable Guy – Lincoln.
- TD Ameritrade, “Reps / Call center” – Location Manager.
- Visa, “Currency of Progress” Lincoln, NE – Location Manager
- CNBC, “I am CNBC” spot – Location Scout
- S. Army Reserve – recruitment spot w/ local Reservist
- Minn Kota trolling motors – multiple spots; Minnesotaand Florida – Producer
- Sue Bee Honey, featuring Kyle Pettyshot in North Carolina – Producer
- Lottery, Powerball – numerous spots – as Producer, Location Manager
- Blue Cross Blue Shield, shot in Des Moines IA – First Assistant Director
- True Temper golf shafts, national spot shot in Phoenix, AZ – Producer
MOVIES(working in Locations or Production) Special Effects credits below.
- Downsizing – Location Manager; Omaha
- American Honey – Location Scout, Omaha.
- Nebraska– Key Assistant Location Manager
- Up in the Air– Assistant Location Manager; Omaha
- About Schmidt – Locations Assistant (day-player)
- Omaha the Movie – Production Coordinator
PHOTO SHOOTS (partial)
- Accuquilt – Producer – Omaha.
- LinkedIn – “Jobs” photo library shoot – in Omaha area.
- Cartier – at Omaha Zoo.
- Hayneedle – multiple projects scouting and producing – in Omaha.
- MU Health – Yes campaign– in Kansas City.
- Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) – in Richmond, VA
- Cushman – industrial utility vehicles – in Georgia & South Carolina.
- E-Z-GO – street legal golf cart – in Augusta, Georgia
- Leupold Observation – catalog, website content – in Oregon
- Bank of the West – New Employees – in Omaha
- Werner Enterprises – 18 wheelers traveling in trucking environments.
- Crete Carrier, Shaffer Trucking, Hunt Transportation – more trucking.
- Vogue – Local philanthropist; Omaha.
- Woolrich – Fall clothing catalog – in Arkansas
Special Effects Crew
1989 -1992 Self-Employed
- Collaborated on the physical special effects for motion pictures. Rain, snow, fire, smoke, prop making… practical FX (before digital).
MOVIES (working in Special Effects)
- Wilder Napalm – Special Effects Technician, Florida
- Strays – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- For The Boys – Special Effects, Los Angeles
- Bad Love – Special Effects Coordinator, Los Angeles
- Avalon – Special Effects Assistant – Baltimore, MD
- Key Assistant Location Manager for the feature film Nebraska.
- Producer: Insurance co.’s “100 Yr.-old Policy Holders” national campaign.
- 1st Assistant Director: Stories of Us – Bullying in Grade Schools
- Associate Producer, Boys Town reenactment videos for fund-raising.
- Location Manager, Lewis and Clark reenactment film for Illinois museum.
- Production Coordinator, shoot for Ice Capades on NBC.
- Special Effects Coordinator for killer B cat movie “Strays.”
- My first movie ever – Avalon.
CONTACT ME VIA THIS FORM.