Location Scout / Project Manager for Motion Pictures & Photography 1992 – Present Self-employed Omaha, Nebraska USA based
Provide production support to the motion picture, photography, and creative industries.
Location Scout / Manager - scout and photograph potential shooting locations. Digitally present photos to the client with pertinent location data. Secure permits, insurance, fees and contracts. Prep locations and provide overall production support.
Production Supervisor - involved with all production decisions as hands-on partner to the Director and crew. Coordination of budget, logistics, schedule, script, client services, creative, vendor and talent contracts.
Experienced with most product service lines and technologies including industrial, corporate, food, banking, real estate, healthcare, outdoors, retail, entertainment, trucking, education, insurance, agriculture, golf, tourism, non-profits, direct-to-internet.
MOVIES (locations, production)
- Up in the Air
- About Schmidt
- Omaha the Movie (production)
COMMERCIALS (partial list, positions vary)
- Prilosec OTC - featuring Larry the Cable Guy
- Prudential – sunrise campaign
- TD Ameritrade - corporate call center
- Visa – Currency of Progress, shot in Lincoln, NE
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – regional, shot in Des Moines IA
- True Temper – golf shafts, shot in Phoenix, AZ
- CNBC – I am CNBC
- U.S. Army Reserve – recruitment spot w/ local Reservist
- Bank of the West
- Minn Kota trolling motors – shot in Minnesota and Florida
- Sue Bee Honey – featuring Kyle Petty shot in North Carolina
- Lottery, Powerball, Mega Millions – Nebraska
- Lady Gaga ”You and I”
- Nickleback ”If Today was Your Last Day” (performance)
- Reba McEntire Live concert
- Mannheim Steamroller – Christmas concert
PHOTO SHOOTS (partial)
- Cushman - industrial and commercial utility vehicles
- E-Z-GO – street legal golf cart
- Leupold Observation – catalog, website – shot in Oregon
- Werner Enterprises – 18 wheelers in various trucking environments
- Vogue – Susie Buffett philanthropist
- Woolrich – fall clothing catalog – shot in Arkansas
Special Effects Technician 1989 – 1992 Self-employed Los Angeles, CA (based)
Collaborated on the physical special effects for motion pictures
MOVIES (special effects)
- Avalon – Baltimore, MD
- For the Boys – Santa Clarita, CA
- Strays – Los Angeles, CA
- Wilder Napalm – Lakeland / Sanford, FL
CAREER COOLNESS worth noting:
• Key Assistant Location Manager for the feature film Nebraska.
• First Assistant Director on Stories of Us – Bullying in Grade Schools doc project .
• Producer on insurance co’s “100 Year-Old Policy Holders” national ad campaign.
• Associate Producer on Boys Town reenactment videos for fund-raising.
• Location Manager on Lewis and Clark reenactment film for Illinois museum.
• Production Support on American Idol – Omaha Season 7 auditions.
• Production Coordinator on 14 camera shoot for Mannheim Steamroller live concert.
• Production Coordinator on 10 camera video shoot for the Ice Capades on NBC.
• Special Effects Coordinator for the USA Network killer B cat movie “Strays.”